Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Guest Author Alianne Donnelly


Today we welcome Alianne Donnelly, author of Blood Moons recently released at Liquid Silver Books www.liquidsilverbooks.com



What is the name of your most recent published book?

My first and most recent published book is Blood Moons. It’s the first in a series of three books about shape shifters.

What or who inspires you to write your books?

My inspiration comes from a lot of things. Friends, music, movies, even dreams. I’ve had dreams so vivid and beautiful I turned them into stories. They’re some of my most personal works.

What genre do you write and what draws you to it?

I write mainly paranormal romance. I believe there is (or should be) more to life than what we see day to day. To write about it makes me feel more confident that that 9-5 job is not all I’ll ever do with my life. And that’s what I hope others will get from my stories, if even for a few moments while reading.

Who is your favorite author, book or series?

At the moment I have three favorites: Karen Marie Moning tops the list, with her Fever series and her Highlander books. If you haven’t picked them up yet, you don’t know what you’re missing. Second place is a tie between Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark series and Larissa Ione’s Demonica series. They present the mythical in a way that stays true to what we know but somehow turns it all upside down at the same time. Reading their works is always an adventure.

Who designed your awesome cover?

The cover was created by Lyn Taylor – and didn’t she just do an amazing job? I am in awe. I love it!

Do you have any tips for new writers?

There are tons but odds are they’ve already heard it all before. One thing I would say is stay true to who you are. Write what you want to read, not what you think will sell. Write for the passion of it, not the money. If you do that, you can’t go wrong. =)

Who is your favorite character and why?

My favorite character ever? Hmm that’s a tough one. There are almost too many to choose from. I love them all!

Where can your readers reach you?

My readers can find me posting on my blog at aliannedonnelly.blogspot.com or on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Alianne-Donnelly/136408409725584?ref=ts (full link for reference)


What are you writing now?

At the moment I am editing the second of the Blood series, Blood Trails, and writing the third, Blood Debts. I am also posting a story on my blog by chapters called The Beast, which is my take on the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale.

Do you have an excerpt from your book that you’d like to share?

Dara reached out; then, her fingers brushing his brow, his temple, down to his cheek. “Your face is changing,” he heard her say. “Does it hurt?”
He heard his own growl, a purely animal sound no human vocal cords could produce. Did it hurt? Christ, yes. He was in agony just keeping still under her touch. Her fingers brushed into his hair, sifting through it, and he almost purred. Was his sight changing again? She hadn’t been so close to him before.
But it wasn’t Dara who’d moved. Without meaning to, he slid his hand forward to just beside her hip and shifted his weight on it in a slow, fluid motion, leaning closer to her. He never blinked as he watched her face. He could hear her heartbeat quicken and she was breathing in little gasps. Her pupils went wide, her cheeks became rosy, and her lips … Ah, it was a beautiful sight to behold them plumping the slightest bit and parting just a little.
He’d dreamed of this. Seeing her like this. Feeling her tremble beneath his touch. He’d imagined the feel of those lush lips on him so many times he’d lost count. In his dreams, he’d had her on all fours before him as he slammed into her and bit her shoulder in a frenzy. He’d seen her riding his cock in complete abandon, as wild as he felt. Tristan had felt her go down on him in his mind so many times he could almost believe it had really happened.
Dara thought he was trying to forget their kiss. She had no idea.



It sound delicious Alianne! Thanks for sharing it with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment