Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tina Holland's "Z and the Firewolf"




How did you decide on the name of your book?

Sometimes the name comes first and other times it’s a play on words with the elements of the book. My first book, “The Pilot and the Pinup” just seemed to flow well. My latest book, “Buckin’ Chastity” is a play on the two characters in the Book, “Buck Caulfield” and “Chastity Meadows.

What or who inspires you to write your books?

I’m inspired by everyday events and my friends and family. I like “what-if” scenarios so some of my books have a “this meets that” theme. I created a futuristic world of Sin Vegas. I do love that city. The world is sort of “Resident Evil” meets “Underworld”.

What genre do you write and what draws you to it?

I write Erotic Romance, within the Paranormal and Contemporary subgenres. I’m drawn to Paranormal because I ultimately love researching those worlds. Contemporary is a nice avenue because I try to mirror normal life. I don’t have villains in my Contemps. I do in my Paranormal –bad ones. So it’s nice for me to mix it up every now and then.

Who is your favorite author, book or series?

Wow that’s a good question. I really like Lyn Armstrong’s Celtic Witch Series over at Resplendence. And I totally enjoy Cathy Maxwell – she makes me cry.

Who designed your cover?

My cover, “Z and the Firewolf” was designed by Amanda Kelsey. I request her for all my covers at Liquid Silver. She is so talented.


Do you have any tips for new writers?

Keep writing. You should never give up because of bad feedback. You should write the next book –it’ll be better. And you should be writing on your next book while waiting to hear back from Editors or Agents. I learned this the hard way. I focused all my energy on promo that it was almost a year before my second book came out. Not a good way to build readership.


Do you listen to music when you write?

Not usually. It’s coincidental if I do. I’ve learned to work through various noise…mostly because I’m a pantser and I write when the mood strikes me. I also write on three different computers and a notepad so I don’t lose what I want to get written.

Where can your readers learn more about you?

www.tinaholland.com
http://tinaholland.wordpress.com

What are you writing now?

I’m working on my next story in my Caulfield Cowboy Series over at Resplendence, “Dani loves Dallas.”

Do you have an excerpt from your book that you’d like to share?

This is from “Z and the Firewolf” available at Liquid Silver Books

Tierra watched the couple leave the tent before she entered. Her steps lingered as she brooded over the cart her lover was chained to.
She touched his skin and remained amazed at how warm he was despite his weakened state. Tierra ran her hands over his bare chest. Her skin glowed in reaction to his heat. She ran her tongue over a bare nipple and then blew on it. The brown bud puckered. His response to her, even passed out, fascinated her. Tierra proceeded to the other nipple and repeated her actions. She trailed her tongue down his abdomen and around his navel before dipping her head lower. He smelled musky, and Tierra longed for a taste.
Tierra drew back and proceeded to undo Max’s pants. She pulled them down to his knees. When she raised her head, her mouth was met with his magnificent erection. The head glistened from the moisture escaping from the tip. The scent stimulated her to action.
Tierra stuck out her tongue for a taste. A simple lick wasn’t enough. She drew the length of him into her warm mouth, curling her tongue around his shaft. Though he filled her with his entirety, she lowered her lips farther along his cock until he tickled the back of her throat. His erection bucked in her mouth, and she moaned, imagining him inside her.
“Tierra.” His voice was groggy.
She raised her eyes to find Max staring groggily down at her. She lifted off his cock with such force a “pop” echoed in the small tent.
Max groaned.
“I thought you were unconscious.” She ran her hands over his striking face.
“Oh princess, I would come through any fog to find you. If Mike continues with this particular tranq, I’m going to build up a tolerance for it.” His answer was sluggish.
“Do you want me to stop?”
“Not at all.” He looked at her like she must have two heads.
“But you can’t reciprocate.” Tierra knew she sounded self-indulgent. She wanted her man untied so he could touch her.
“Take off your clothes.”
Tierra followed his command, though she had no reason to. She unzipped her jacket slowly, hoping she enticed him. Once her breasts were bare, he spoke.
“Stop. Come here.”
Tierra sauntered toward him, heat filling her loins. She leaned over him so he could grasp a nipple in his mouth.
His warm tongue caressed the tender bud before he lightly nipped her with his fangs.
Tierra moaned.

Wheww! Is it hot in here or is it just this excerpt? Thanks for sharing with us Tina!

My paranormal romance NIGHTWALKER by Rhonda L. Print is also available at www.LiquidSilverBooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment