Thursday, January 20, 2011

Guest Author LK Below and Unveiling His Princess


Congratulations on you book! Why don’t you tell us a little about it.

Here’s the blurb for Unveiling His Princess:

When Natalia’s horrid stepsister locks her in a closet, steals her identity, and sets out to marry Prince Bennett in her place, Natalia nearly gives up hope. Luckily, she has a fairy godmother willing to guide her steps. Dressed in nothing but a mouse-skin pelt and assured that Bennett will recognize her even though they’ve never met, she sets out for his palace.
Prince Bennett knows that he must marry his princess, but when he meets her, something seems amiss. He cannot reconcile the lively, veiled beauty he consorts with at night with the waspish princess he meets during the day. And to make matters worse, he can barely fight off his attraction to a fur-clad scullery maid. Whatever will he do?

Read an excerpt or purchase the book at www.liquidsilverbooks.com/books/unveilinghisprincess.htm.


What draws you to write your genre and sub genre?

I write a bunch of different genres. I currently have a paranormal romance short story (His Familiar Touch) in the Paramourtal anthology, my newest is a historical romance with a fairytale twist, and I have a bunch of contemporary romance releases lined up for 2011. I also write fantasy and young adult -- the latter under my full name, Lindsay Below.

In short, I am drawn to many genres. I love stories that sweep me away to new places, eras, and worlds. So that’s what I endeavor to write. If through reading one of my books, you find your escape, I’ve done my job well.


Where can your readers reach you?

My website is www.lbelow.net and my blog (on which I post almost daily) can be found at http://lbelow.blogspot.com. I’m also an avid Tweeter. You can find me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LBelowtheauthor. Or, if you’re just looking to send me an email, send it to lbelow(at)lbelow(dot)net.


Are you working on another book?

Always. I write obsessively, just about every spare moment I have. My computer is riddled with works-in-progress, which I work diligently to complete. At the moment, I’m slowly working on a full-length sequel to Unveiling His Princess, which I’ve titled Almost His Princess.


Do you work on one project at a time or mulitples?

Unfortunately, multiples. I’d like to be able to stick with only one project until it’s finished, but I often find myself broadsided by new ideas that need to come out. This means that shorter works, like novellas, tend to be finished quickly whereas I usually break for other works when working on a novel. Someday, I hope to finish them all.


Do you use more than one pen name? Why?

I have two pen names. L. K. Below is the name for my adult works -- my romance and adult fantasy. Whereas my young adult works are grouped under my full name, Lindsay Below.


What is your favorite thing about writing?

I am in no way a plotter, therefore writing a book, for me, is as much about being swept away in the story as the characters. I have little to no idea what is coming until I write it. Often I have a vague idea of coming scenes, but those ideas are easily swept away as I continue on.

How many books have you written? How many have been published?

Having dedicated myself to writing all through high school, I have countless books on the side that are in dire need of some trimming to get them ready to be published.

As it stands, I have 10 books coming out in 2011 so far. Now I’m working on writing and editing some for 2012. I was busy in 2010 and I hope to make this as productive a year!

How long does it usually take you to write a book?

Provided I’m not hit with any new ideas and that I don’t get stuck in a writer’s block, I can and have written a full-length novel in a week. More likely, it’ll take two weeks to a month -- or a week for a novella.

Who controls the storyline, you or your characters?

Oh, certainly my characters. It wouldn’t be nearly as much fun for me any other way 

Thanks for having me, Rhonda!

No comments:

Post a Comment