Thursday, June 27, 2013

It's smokin' hot outside...

It’s smokin’ hot outside but if you’re craving some comfort food and can’t bring yourself to turn on the oven, I have a slow cooker recipe for you.

4-6 chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 package of seasoned stuffing mix – I used Stove Top
Place defrosted chicken in crock pot, top with soup.
Prepare stuffing according to directions only using half the liquid required.
Place stuffing in crock pot.
Cover and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours.

Now that you have dinner covered, pick up a good book- may I suggest JUSTIFIED - and settle into a comfy chair and enjoy the dog days of summer.

JUSTIFIED: A LEAH WOLFE SINS NOVEL – Book 3 –  www.LSBooks.com Read a free sample at www.RhondaLPrint.com
Blurb: Things go very wrong, very fast when a federal agent is caught between her vampire lover, the leader of the pack, and a murderer intent on killing those she loves. Is stepping outside the law to stop a killer justified, or will it end her career in SINS?

Excerpt:
“Mind if we join you?” The taller one asked. “I’m Zach and this is my brother Conner.”
After a round of nice-to-meet-you’s and a fresh order of drinks, the small talk began. Conner sat next to Tala and Zach dragged his chair closer to me. It wasn’t long into the conversation before I started to realize that neither one of these guys was intelligent enough to lure a puppy out of a cage, let alone a woman out of a bar. Tala looked up and gave me a “how the hell do we get rid of them” look just before I felt Zach’s hand start to slither up my leg, perilously close to my gun. I jumped from my seat, a little too quickly, and stifled it with a fake giggle. God I really sucked at the bar scene.
“Um, Tala. I need to go to the little girls’ room.” Did I just say “little girls’ room”? Somebody, shoot me now.
“Great idea. I’ll go with you.” She started to stand when Conner put a hand on her shoulder and dragged her back down.
“I think we’re getting ditched, Zach. How about you?”
Zach put his hand on my hip and squeezed, hard enough to bruise.
I grabbed his hand just below the fingers and pushed back with my thumbs until he let me go. “I’m not really in the mood to play grab-ass,”
“Oww.” He complained. “Calm down bitch.”
I bent Zach’s wrist back far enough to be painful and just this side of breaking it.
Conner kept a grip on Tala’s upper arm.
“Let go of her or watch me break your brother’s wrist.” I warned.
He released Tala. She stood and scrambled to my side.
“Now I’m going to let go and both of you are going to calmly leave this bar and go home.” I looked at each of them. “Not to another bar, home. Is that understood?”
“Yeah yeah, whatever. Just let go of my hand you freaky bitch.” Zach really needed to learn a little respect.
“Conner?” I asked, pushing Zach’s arm back just a little more.
“Fuck! Tell her okay Conner, she’s breaking my fucking arm!”
“Fine.” Conner said as he stood.
I let go of Zach and he straightened up and pulled his shirt down.
“Bitches!” I heard him growl as him and his brother walked toward the exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment