Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Whack a Mole

Getting the kids to bed at night is reminiscent of an old arcade game called 'whack a mole' whereas you take a rubber mallet and try to put down as many moles as you can in the time allotted. You get one down and another pops up.
I'm sure we're not the only parents faced with this phenomenom. We lovingly call it whack a mole because you breathe a sigh of relief that all the kids are tucked in bed when one pops up for a glass of water. You get that one back down and think you're safe for the night. Not so fast there buddy, as another child remembers something they absolutely must tell you. A few minutes later after that one is sent back to bed another pops up. Well, you get the idea.

It's nights like that when I think of the future when my husband and I will decide it's time for bed and then...go to bed. No more last minute stories or glasses of water. No more one last kiss and hug from a sleepy-eyed, pajama clad little one.

I don't know about you, but I'll take the chaos any day! Oh yea, and a glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment